400g of chopped butternut squash, peeled
300ml of vegetable stock (I used a oxo cube)
Half a teaspoon of curry powder
Quarter teaspoon of dried coriander
Half teaspoon of dried cumin
Tablespoon of garlic oil
100ml of extra water if needed
1. Chop the butternut squash and cook in the garlic oil for ten minutes, stirring to make sure it does not burn.
2. Add your spices to the butternut squash
3. Add boiling water to your stock cube or measure out 300ml of vegetable stock and add to the butternut squash. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Test the butternut squash is cooked with a knife, it should be soft. Get your trusty hand blender, I've named mine Kevin and blend your soup! I added an extra 100ml of water as my soup was really thick.
5. And there you have yummy super healthy spicy butternut squash soup!